Serves 2 – 4
- 2 tins tuna in brine, drained and lightly drizzled with olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- Handful of fresh basil
- ½ cup full-cream Greek or plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 handful of grated cheddar cheese
- Paprika (I like smoked paprika)
- Freshly ground Black peppercorns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Steam the head of cauliflower until soft when inserted with a knife.
- In a casserole dish, combine the drained tuna, tomatoes, garlic, spring onions, fresh herbs, onion and a good grind of black pepper.
- In a blender, blitz the cooked cauliflower, yoghurt, butter, egg, salt and pepper until it becomes sloppy but smooth.
- Mix the tuna basil mix so it’s well combined and flattened.
- Next, pour the cauliflower topping over the basil tuna and spread over evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and a dash of paprika and bake in a preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes, or until the topping is cooked through and the cheese is melted and crispy.
- Serve with a simple green salad and a splash of your favourite vinaigrette.
Contribute To Our Recipe Collection
Click The Link Below
- In The Swim Of Things – Amazing Benefits Of Tuna Fish
- Shrimp & Black Bean Salad
- Fishcakes with barley salad and lemon drizzle
Tools We Use.
Calphalon Contemporary Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick Cookware, Omelette Fry Pan, 10-inch and 12-inch Set, Black, New Version
Vremi 15 Piece Nonstick Cookware Set; 2 Saucepans and 2 Dutch Ovens with Glass Lids, 2 Fry Pans and 5 Nonstick Cooking Utensils; Oven Safe
Kitchen Utensil Set – 23 Nylon Cooking Utensils – Kitchen Utensils with Spatula – Kitchen Gadgets Cookware Set – Best Kitchen Tool Set Gift by HomeHero