Thanks to Carrie’s Kitchen for this very tasty recipe
- 20 to 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 large egg white
1. Remove mushroom stems from caps. Set caps aside (discard stems or save for another use).
2. In a small skillet, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
3. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and egg white. Stir in onion mixture.
4. Fill the mushroom caps; place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and tops are browned.
3 each: 76 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 157mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 4g protein.