I find the slow cooker is a great time saver. Quick prep, go to work and return to a meal cooked to perfection.
299 CALORIES PER SERVING
Serving Size: 1 bowls
8 serving Chicken Thigh Bone In
5 clove garlic
1 slice , medium onion
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
2 chopped raw Cremini Mushrooms
1 tbsp Bay Leaf
1 tbsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
- Season the chicken generously with salt. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with a drizzle of avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil. When the skillet is hot, add chicken. Cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes a side. Do not crowd the chicken in the skillet; brown in two batches if necessary.
- Add the browned chicken to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet that the chicken was cooked, add the onions. Turn heat down to medium. Saute until onions are soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Season lightly with salt.
- Add onion and garlic to slow cooker. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes. Mix well, so the chicken is completely coated in tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours, or low 8 hours.
- For this recipe, leaving the chicken skin on the chicken thighs tends to make the dish too oily