By: Amy Hopkins | 1 February 2018
Store these in the freezer — they’re best served cold to keep their shape. Trust us, you’ll love the melt-in-your-mouth feel.
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey or coconut-blossom nectar
- 1 tin coconut cream (placed in the fridge overnight)
- 100g raw dark chocolate or cacao paste (dairy-free)
- Pinch vanilla seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nut butter
- 2 tbsp honey or coconut-blossom nectar
- Flaked raw almonds, for garnishing
- Mix all the base ingredients together.
- Grease a brownie tin, then press the mixture into the base of the tin.
- Place in the freezer immediately.
- For the layers, remove the thick coconut cream from the translucent liquid (set aside for smoothies).
- Divide the coconut cream into two bowls.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a double boiler. Mix in half the coconut cream and the vanilla.
- Remove the brownie tin from the freezer, spread the chocolate over and place the tin back into the freezer.
- Mix the rest of the coconut cream with the cashew nut butter and sweetener.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and spread over the cashew mix. Sprinkle with almonds and place in the fridge to set for another couple of hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.