1 slice whole-grain bread
2 slices turkey bacon
1 teaspoon (5 ml) cooking oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon (15 ml) store-bought pesto (or leftover homemade pesto)
- Cut a hole at the center of the bread using a circular 5cm cookie cutter. Set the bread aside.
- Cook bacon in a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat until done, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add cooking oil to the skillet and heat. Place bread in skillet. Crack egg into hole. Cook for 3–5 minutes then flip; continue cooking until the egg is set.
- Spread pesto over the egg and toast. Crumble bacon on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 267; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 206mg; Sodium: 536mg; Carbohydrate: 19g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 15g