- 400 g pork sausages
- 6 bacon rashers
- salt and pepper
- 1 head cauliflower
- 100 ml olive oil
- 30 ml (2 T) Dijon mustard
- 30 ml (2 T) red wine vinegar
- handful of fresh coriander
For the Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 8 minutes until crisp. Cool slightly on paper towels, then chop roughly and set aside.
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar and remaining oil in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the coriander and bacon, and toss gently to combine.
For the Meat Balls
- Remove the sausage meat from the casings and roll into bite size balls. Arrange on a plate and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Heat 15 ml (1 T) of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
For the Mash
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the cauliflower and cook until soft. Drain, reserving 30 ml (2 T) of the cooking liquid. Blitz the cauliflower to a purée in a blender, add 15 ml (1 T) of the oil with the reserved liquid and blend again. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon the mash on a plate and top with the meatballs and sauce.