- 4 pork neck steaks
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 15ml butter
- 50g diced pancetta
- 2-3 leeks – thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 60ml dry white wine
- 30ml sherry
- 250ml cream
- 500g cauliflower florets – steamed until tender
- 30ml butter
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- Season the pork steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little olive oil and butter in a frying pan until bubbling. Add steaks and fry each side over moderate heat for 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove and set aside to rest.
- Add the Pancetta to the pan and fry until crispy. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme and sauté until glossy and softened.
- Add the wine and sherry and fry until this liquid cooks away.
- Add the cream and gently cook until reduced and thickened to desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Drain cauliflower well and squeeze any excess liquid out. Add butter and mash until smooth and season to taste.
- Place the pork steaks on a bed of mash and pour generous amounts of sauce all over.