- 150g dark chocolate – finely chopped
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 avocado
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml xylitol
- 125ml whole-wheat flour
- 125ml cocoa powder
- 5ml baking powder
- 5ml vanilla essence
- pinch salt
- 60ml sugar-free peanut butter
- 5 strawberries – halved
- mint leaves – to garnish
- For the brownies, pre heat the oven to 180°C and line a 15cm x 15cm baking dish or cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together until smooth.
- Combine the avocado, eggs, xylitol, flour, cocoa, baking powder, vanilla and salt in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish/tin, smooth out the top and bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Allow it to cool in the dish/tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool off on the baking paper.
- Once cooled, cut into 9 squares.
- To serve, spread a spoonful of peanut butter on to each brownie and top with half a strawberry.
- Garnish with mint, if preferred.
TIP: Do not be tempted to over bake the brownies. They firm up as they cool and are best eaten slightly moist.