- 350g streaky bacon
- 300g spinach, steamed and well drained.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ wheels feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 230 °C.
- Grease and line a muffin tray, a 6 tart tin (not loose bottom) or 6 ramekins with tightly arranged streaky bacon to form 6 bacon nests/baskets.
- Roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the bacon is 95% cooked with crispy edges. The bacon may curl and buckle a bit when baked, don’t worry! When you add the filling the shape will be retained.
- Make sure all the liquid is squeezed out of the steamed spinach and roughly chop.
- Sprinkle the bacon nests with feta and spinach then crack and whole egg into each one.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and bake for a further 6-8 minutes or until the egg is set to your liking. Some of the egg may leak through the bacon, this is perfect!
- Carefully use a palette knife to remove from the tray and serve immediately.
Tip: Lovely served at room temperature or chilled for the lunchbox or picnic. Just make sure the egg yolk is cooked through to prevent a mess.